I, forget.
Nicky summed up our Chinese New Year really well in pictures, as well as in words. In reality, I knew it was unforgettable. I'll never forget what it felt embracing a complete family. It could've brought me to tears so easily.
What was it like meeting for the first time, as a whole family?

You can try telling by the looks on our faces.

After searching and waiting, finally, all 7 have come together.

All I know, and all I want to say is, Welcome to the family Aunt Carol, Uncle Su, Vanessa and Brendan.
It's that time of the year where the season drives us way out of our comfort zone, to reach deep into each others lives and see how we've grown. And I figured, that my cousins have grown so big.

Michelle, third from left, who is also the youngest girl on my maternal side, has grown up. But actually, both my cousins were cheating. They were trying to be taller than me, haha. And not forgetting, my grandma :)
But like Nicky said, now, we get to see a 4 year old Brendan and a 6 year old Vanessa, grow up.

And you know what? Our annual Bai-Nian-ing family has grown too!


Thank You, for the simple pleasures they brought. Thank You for all the smiles and laughter that You brought to us this festive season.
I, forget.
I forget what it feels like to look up to the Heavens and smile because I see such a wonderful sight.
Maybe, because I've stopped looking up.
Honestly?
I'm afraid. Afraid that I'd let myself become what I was never made to be. It's so easy to walk astray, thinking you're still walking on the path God paved. But God, You keep sending me songs of reassurance and of love. I begin to fall in love with who God is, not what He has or what He can do for me.
Freedom comes, when I call You Lord. You are Lord, my God.
This is Your song, not mine. And my life will sing Your song.
What was it like meeting for the first time, as a whole family?

You can try telling by the looks on our faces.
After searching and waiting, finally, all 7 have come together.
All I know, and all I want to say is, Welcome to the family Aunt Carol, Uncle Su, Vanessa and Brendan.
It's that time of the year where the season drives us way out of our comfort zone, to reach deep into each others lives and see how we've grown. And I figured, that my cousins have grown so big.
Michelle, third from left, who is also the youngest girl on my maternal side, has grown up. But actually, both my cousins were cheating. They were trying to be taller than me, haha. And not forgetting, my grandma :)
But like Nicky said, now, we get to see a 4 year old Brendan and a 6 year old Vanessa, grow up.
And you know what? Our annual Bai-Nian-ing family has grown too!
Thank You, for the simple pleasures they brought. Thank You for all the smiles and laughter that You brought to us this festive season.
I, forget.
I forget what it feels like to look up to the Heavens and smile because I see such a wonderful sight.
Maybe, because I've stopped looking up.
Honestly?
I'm afraid. Afraid that I'd let myself become what I was never made to be. It's so easy to walk astray, thinking you're still walking on the path God paved. But God, You keep sending me songs of reassurance and of love. I begin to fall in love with who God is, not what He has or what He can do for me.
Freedom comes, when I call You Lord. You are Lord, my God.
This is Your song, not mine. And my life will sing Your song.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home